Calvary Church of the Nazarene Huntsville, Alabama
Home Page | About Us | News and Events | Pastors Page | Our Links | Schedule | Contact us
Biblical Foundations for Witnessing
1. People are Perishing and Need Us: - AAnd whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire@ (Rev. 20:15).
2. Love Constrains Us - AFor the love of Christ constrains/persuades/controls us, because we thus judge that if one died for all, then all were dead@ (2 Cor. 5:11-15).
3. God Commands Us: AGo into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature@ (Mk. 16:15)
4. Responsibility Presses Us: AI am debtor both to the Greeks and to the Barbarians; both to the wise and to the unwise@ (Rom. 1:14)
5. The Field Is Calling Us: AThe harvest truly is plenteous but the laborers are few@ (Mt. 9:37)
6. Jesus Chooses Us: AYou have not chosen Me but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you@ (Jn. 15:16).
7. Salvation Compels Us: ATherefore, if any one be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new@ (2 Cor. 5:17)
8. The Gospel Directs Us: AIt is the power of God for salvation to every one who believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek@ (Rom. 1:16)
9. Hell Cries Out to Us: AI pray thee, therefore, Father, that you would send him to my father=s house...@ (Lk. 16:27)
10. Joy Awaits Us: AThey that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who goes forth weeping, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him@ (Ps. 126:5-6)
11. Wisdom Beckons Us: AThe fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he who wins souls is wise@ (Prov. 11:30).
12. Time Challenges Us: AThe night is far spent, the day is at hand; let us, therefore, cast off the works of darkness and let us put on the armor of light@ (Rom. 13:12)
13. Jesus Set the Example For Us: AFor the Son of Man is come to seek and to save the lost@ (Lk. 19:10).
14. Paul Demonstrated It For Us: ATo the weak, I became as weak, that I may gain the weak; I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some@ (1 Cor. 9:22).
15. NT Christians Modeled It For Us: ATherefore, they that were scattered abroad went everywhere preaching the Word@ (Acts. 8:4)
Dr. Morris Murray. Jr.
Content copyright July 2010 jmhall. All rights reserved.