Calvary Church of the Nazarene Huntsville, Alabama
Home Page | About Us | News and Events | Pastors Page | Our Links | Schedule | Contact us
NT Churches: Problems & Potentials
The church at Corinth was confronted about:
1. carnality - >favorite preachers= (1:11-13; 3:1-9);
2. conceit (4:18);
3. toleration of fornication (5:1-13);
4. lawsuits (6:1-10);
5. toleration of idols and idolatry (8-10);
6. divisions over gender (11:1-19) and the Lord=s Supper (11:20-34);
7. ignorance about spiritual gifts (12-14);
8. misunderstanding about Christ=s resurrection (15);
9. abuses of stewardship (16);
10. susceptibility to false teachers (2 Cor. 11:3-15)
The churches of Galatia were confronted about their misunderstanding concerning law and grace
(1:6-10; 2:1-21; 3:1-4:31)
The church at Ephesus was confronted about falling away from love (Rev. 2:1-7)
The church at Smyrna was confronted about being the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:8-11)
The churches at Pergamos and Thyatira were confronted about the toleration of false teachings, idolatry, and fornication (Rev. 2:12-23)
The church at Sardis had a false reputation [Aalive@ but actually Adead@] (Rev. 3:1-6)
The church at Laodicea was spiritually complacent, worldly, full of selfishness and blind to the things that are important to God (Ref. 3:14-22)
Churches today are just like churches in the past - all have problems and potentials.
Dr. Morris Murray, Jr.
Content copyright July 2010 jmhall. All rights reserved.